Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vacation, School Started, and the Opera


Mrs. White, a fellow First Grade teacher, came from the USA to give my students silly bands and American candy.


Our Vacation


Mrs. White and Mrs. Patton



Lygia and Francisco at Gabriel's Birthday Party


Gabriel's 6th Birthday Party at School (He is in the Burgundy shirt)


Christie, Anna and I after the Opera





Nova at the Opera


The Opera House


My Friends at the Opera

Curtain Call at the Opera House
Hi everyone,
I hope you are well. I am glad I have internet again, so I can update you. Let's see... I have had birthday party in my class and I went to the opera. It was so beautiful! It was sung in Italian and had Portuguese subtitles. Wow, I actually understood some of the Italian! It was amazing. I had a visitor in my class named Mrs. White. She came from the US and gave my kids special treats--silly bands and American candy. That was a big hit with my students. Also, I have had some minor problems with my stump again (small blisters). So I have had to use my crutches again but I hope to be on my prosthetic leg again soon. My students have enjoyed helping me out! What a blessing! They are learning so much English too. God is so good! I also went to a butterfly sanctuary too. It was so beautiful. I got to see some many regional butterflies. They are so vibrant! I forgot to bring my camera but I hope to go again and I will take pictures next time.
May God bless you!
Nova











































No comments:

Post a Comment